Lil Durk’s Concert Cut Short by Fake Shooter Alert

Lil Durk
Lil Durk
Photo: Instagram

The weekend performance of Lil Durk at Chicago’s United Center was canceled after police surrounded the location in response to concerns of an active shooter.

Chaos occurred as people fled the venue, according to TMZ, and some rowdy guests started fights and looted the merchandise booths while authorities looked into the claimed shooter scenario.

The United Center in Chicago was about to finish Durk’s performance when chaos broke out as people scurried for the exits. Police officers arrived carrying firearms in search of a shooter; however, Chicago PD reported that it was a false alarm.

Chicago is currently on high alert since gunshots there have sadly become more frequent. Some concertgoers grabbed some merchandise as they exited the venue, and whoever was manning the merchandise table apparently rushed after them.

On Sunday morning the 30-year-old drill rapper used his Instagram Story to criticize concertgoers in his hometown who were seen on camera stealing merchandise during the pandemonium at the United Center.

In support of his eighth studio album, Almost Healed, which made its Billboard 200 debut in June at No. 3, Durk is currently on tour.

The rapper had to postpone several dates of his tour after being admitted to the hospital with acute dehydration, including a set at Rolling Loud Miami in late July.

The police released a statement. The police claimed in a statement that the “event was not bona fide. There was no shooting in progress.” Additional information about the incident was withheld by the police.

The United Center stated in a statement on Sunday that it was collaborating with law enforcement on the investigation into the happenings at the performance.

The safety of our visitors and employees is a concern, so it became clear to everyone involved that terminating the event early was in everyone’s best interests, as the United Center stated in a statement.

We are grateful that the initial crisis reports were inaccurate and that all visitors safely left the building. An inquiry for comment was not immediately answered by Durk’s agent.

A medical issue in July is said to have caused Durk, to postpone most of his tour, with the exception of performances on Friday and Saturday at the United Center. On Friday, he gave a solo performance, and on Saturday, he took part in the WGCI Summer Jam.


Related Posts